Upgrade to healthier hair with a complete hair-care routine. Know the tips to step up for healthier and safer care.
Hair care is not just regular trims with frequent hair washes. It takes more than that to achieve healthy and shiny locks. Sometimes a well-planned and strictly followed routine can also do marvels for your hair.
The perfect hair requires not just external protection, but internal strength as well. Hence, the haircare routine must take care of it all to ensure good health and appearance of the hair.
Below are some tips to help you set a balanced haircare routine.
- When we shampoo the hair, it washes out the moisture along with the dirt, dandruff and sweat. Therefore, ensure that the hair locks the moisture and earns some minerals and vitamins it needs.
- Massage the scalp, an hour or two before the hair-wash, with coconut oil or olive oil that stimulates blood circulation and helps nourish the hair better.
- Use different homemade hair masks with ingredients like egg whites, bananas, yoghurt, avocado, coconut, lemon, etc. to provide the hair with Vitamin B, Vitamin D, Proteins, Omega-3 Fatty Acids and many other essential minerals.
- Apply and keep masks and oils for some time before rinsing them with water for the minerals to get absorbed. You can apply the masks once or twice in a month to get shiny and bouncy hair.
Hair Wash Routine
- Use the right products for the right hair type to feel the difference in your hair’s health and in the way they look.
- If you do not know what products suit your hair the best, consult a doctor to learn the formulations that are good and gentle to your hair. Once you know the right products, take a trial for some weeks to see the outcomes.
- Shampoos help in washing away dust that sticks to the sebum that the follicles generate. Use shampoos that provide nutrients required for healthy growth of hair.
- Avoid using shampoos that may wash the moisture away. Add a nutrient-rich conditioner in your routine to balance the moisture.
- Avoid combing the hair or rubbing them with a towel when the hair is still damp.
- Prefer air-drying your hair naturally as much as you can before combing. You can also use a detangling spray, to make combing smoother.
- Avoid using heat to dry and style your hair, which can damage the hair make them brittle. Limit the use of heating devices as much as you can or use heat protectants to minimise the damage.
- A balanced diet is a hidden hero of the healthy hair’s story. Eat vegetables and food with proteins more often to maintain healthy growth of hair.
- Reducing stress by trying Yoga, by practicing meditation for an hour every day, or by going for daily walks.
- Avoid tying hair too tight or tying wet hair to prevent hair-loss.
So, rather than depending on the science and studies of post-hair-fall-treatments, update your routine and start taking care of your hair from today.