Taking care of hair without harming it takes some efforts and time. It also saves one from the early hair loss and all the trouble that comes with it.
Habits to Adopt
Clean with care
- Make sure to use scalp and hair friendly products
- Consult a doctor to know the right product for your scalp and hair
Get regular haircuts
- Going without a haircut for longer times gives split ends and damaged hair
- Frequent trimming of hair helps in getting rid of damaged hair-ends.
- If you are carrying long locks, while combing or untangling, handle your hair very carefully to avoid breakage
- Start brushing from the lower parts first and go upwards
Dry the hair before sleeping
- Going to bed with wet hair may lead to its breakage due to friction.
- Drying your hair can save you from tangles and frizzes
Give the right moisture
- When the hair goes dry, massage and oiling before shampooing can provide the moisture
- Just ensure the oil suits your hair and skin type
Use hair masks
- Once in a month, use natural hair masks made with avocado, aloe vera, eggs, curd, etc.
- It can strengthen the hair and give them a good shine
Mistakes to Avoid
- It washes out the natural oil of hair and makes them vulnerable to damage and hair loss.
Using Wrong Products
- Using more and more chemical hair products may bring negative results to your hair.
- It may even hinder the hair growth
- Brushing with a wrong type of brush may harm the hair seriously.
- Combing wet hair can also damage the strands
- Drying your hair with a blower can damage the hair follicles with heat
- It can also cause serious damages to hair and lead to permanent hair loss
Intense usage of hair colours and dyes
- Products like hair dyes, colours, and even some henna products contain highly toxic chemicals
- Using such products can lead to dandruff and other serious dangers to your hair
- Stress is one of the major factors, which causes hair loss at an early age.
- Keep things simple and stress as far as you can